General Store Pub

Overview

The Stone City General Store was built in 1893. It once served as a post office, rail depot with quarry offices on the second floor. Later, known as the Dearborn Store, it was operated by Clate Dearborn from 1910-1959. In the 1930’s it was used as a meeting place for artists associated with the Grant Wood Art Colony.

At present, it is the very popular General Store Restaurant and Pub.

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m14!1m8!1m3!1d11838.95206045957!2d-91.350975!3d42.1130814!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x0%3A0xf0286f0edfdbadbb!2sGeneral+Store+Pub!5e0!3m2!1sen!2sus!4v1532813656987" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>