Dearborn Mansion

Overview

The Henry Dearborn House was the “first” of the houses built by the “big three” operators of the Stone City quarries. It was constructed in two stages; the first in 1861 and an addition in 1863.

The original house faced west, overlooking the Dearborn quarry. The second section fronted by the porch changed the setting to a southern exposure. It has nine rooms and a basement that also served as the first village post office in 1873. It is presently occupied by descendants of the original family.

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d11838.996886810424!2d-91.35829601961312!3d42.11284141563325!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x87e49a60d6fb5cb1%3A0xa66a540ef625b108!2sStone+City%2C+IA+52205!5e0!3m2!1sen!2sus!4v1532814174673" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>